This course provides an excellent opportunity for students to works towards a career or further study in wood occupations. This qualification provides a progression route towards achieving a National Vocational Qualification.
Entry requirement for progression onto a Level 2 course is a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade G or better. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements for each individual course which may apply to this course. Please speak to subject leader or look on the website.
- CC 1001K - Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 1001S - Carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 2002K - Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- CC 2002S - Information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- CC 2003K - Knowledge of building methods and construction technology 2
- CC 2003S - Building methods and construction technology 2
- CC 2012K - Know how to set up and operate a circular saw
- CC 2012S - Set up and operate a circular saw
- CC 2034K - Know how to produce setting out details for routine joinery products
- CC 2034S - Produce setting out details for routine joinery products
- CC 2035K - Know how to mark out from setting out details for routine joinery products
- CC 2035S - Mark out from setting out details for routine joinery products
- CC 2036K - Know how to manufacture routine joinery products
- CC 2036S - Manufacture routine joinery products
To gain the diploma qualification you must successfully complete all end of unit multiple choice tests, the synoptic practical assignment that is set externally by CAA alongside other controlled practical assessments in the workshops. You must also pass the GOLA online test covering the core units.
This qualification provides the knowledge, understanding and skills related to the equivalent NVQ unit. On completion of this diploma, learners may progress into employment or on to one or more of the following:
- Level 2 to Level 3 in the same occupation
- Level 2 or Level 3 to technical supervisors and management qualification.