Entry requirement for progression onto a Level 2 course is a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade G or better. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements for each individual course which may apply to this course.
Please speak to subject leader or look on the website.
Typical Syllabus Outline
Students undertake L2 Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair which is both a’ hands on’ qualification that includes 18 Workshop Practical tasks conducted In a fully equipped Motor vehicle workshop, and also a theoretical course with regards to the background theory of the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
This course will allow the learner to develop a wide range of skills relating to the different parts of a Motor Vehicle.
This qualification is assessed in a variety of ways through IMI Awards which includes:
- 18 Workshop Practical tasks
- Online Exams (Multi Choice)
- Phase Tests (Multi Choice)
Structure of the Course
Course consists of :
- equal requirements of practical workshop tasks that cover a variety of vehicle areas and classroom theory work on vehicle maintenance and workshop/garage operations
- Possible progression to do a level 3 Technical Diploma
- Possible Progression to do a BTEC National Level 3
- Leave School and progress on to a Work Based apprenticeship