Entry requirement for progression onto a Level 2 course is a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade G or better. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements for each individual course which may apply to this course.
Please speak to subject leader or look on the website.
Typical Syllabus outline
To achieve the Level 2 Diploma, learners must achieve 45 credits from the following mandatory units.
Unit accreditation number City and Guilds unit number
Unit title Credit value:
- L/502/8175 105 Understand and demonstrate fundamental refrigeration and air conditioning operations
- 5J/502/8174 106 Understand and demonstrate fundamental electrical installation operations
- 5R/502/8176 107 Understand and demonstrate fundamental heating and ventilating operations
- 5Y/502/8177 108 Understand and demonstrate fundamental plumbing operations
- 5J/602/2479 201 Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
- 10D/602/2486 202 Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within Building Services Engineering
- 4D/502/8181 203 Understand the roles, responsibilities and procedures in Building Services Engineering
- 4J/602/2496 204 Understand how to apply scientific principles within Mechanical Services Engineering
The assessment method for this qualification is both assignment and online examinations. All the assignments are externally set by the City and Guilds examination board.
All learners who have taken this qualification will be able to progress into the following qualifications:
- NVQ level 3 Diploma in domestic plumbing and heating
- NVQ level 3 Diploma in domestic heating