This course provides an excellent opportunity for students to works towards a career or further study in the electrical installation industry.
Entry requirement for progression onto a Level 2 course is a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade G or better. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements for each individual course which may apply to this course.
Please speak to subject leader or look on the website.
3 mandatory units
- QPEO2/001 Working safely in an engineering environment
- QPEO2/002 Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- QPEO2/003 Using and communicating technical information
3 units are chosen from
- QPEO2/033 Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
- QPEO2/034Forming and assembling electrical cable enclosure and support systems
- QPEO2/035Assembling, wiring and testing electrical panels/components mounted in enclosures
- QPEO2/036Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- QPEO2/037Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- QPEO2/038Maintaining electronic equipment/systems
This qualification has both multiple choice online tests and assignments that are set externally from EAL alongside controlled practical assessments in the workshops.