A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or better. No more than two applied courses can count towards this total and each applied course counted has the equivalence of only one GCSE, regardless of its nominal size. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements which may apply to this course.
Please speak to subject leader or look on website.
Typical Syllabus Outline
Most students will have the opportunity of studying:
- National Certificate, equivalent to 1 A Level graded A – E (6 units of work)
- National Diploma, equivalent to 2 A Levels graded A – E (12 units of work)
This course consists of 11 complementary units of work, focusing on vocational aspects of Performing Arts. The National Diploma (equivalent to 2 A Levels) is designed to:
- Develop Learners’ practical ability through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained from the course.
- Develop understanding and gain experience of performing arts in broader context.
- Provide specialist studies directly relevant to the performing arts profession in which learners are working or intend to seek employment.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
- Provide a pathway into Higher Education
Examples of units available are:
- Core Unit 1 – Performance Workshop
- Unit 11 – Theatre for Children
- Unit 13 – Contemporary Theatre Performance
- Unit 23 – Film and TV Acting
- Unit 24 – Mime
- Core Unit 3 – Performing arts Business
- Unit 19 – Principals of Acting
- Core Unit 7 – Performing to an Audience
- Unit 9 – Devising Plays
- Unit 14 – Musical Theatre Performance
Practical assignments, written assignments including research and evaluation, both internally and externally assessed. The units listed here are only one model. They can be subject to change depending on the skills and talents of individuals with the group.
This course is designed to prepare students wishing to enter the Performing Arts Industry and provides an ideal grounding for students wishing to pursue further studies at a Higher Educational level.
- C6 Performing Arts.pdf (257 KB)