All students at C6 will be supported through a programme of Information Advice and Guidance.
We recognise that you will need careful support and specialist information to enable positive progress through the complex issue of pathway choice and personal progression.
The Collegiate Sixth Form has two qualified careers staff:
Helen Green – Careers Adviser
Jenny Jones – Guidance Support Worker
They provide confidential and impartial advice to students on:
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas they can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Choosing and apply for a course –University or College
- Completing application forms, CVs and letters of application.
- Finding work or an apprenticeship.
- Job hunting techniques including mock interviews
During the holidays you can contact them by email or by telephone (call or text). They work throughout the year.
If you wish to attend your son/daughters careers interview or just want to chat about their future, please ring school, email or give them a call.